Who doesn’t love homemade ice cream? The creamy texture and fresh flavors are the perfect summer treat.
But making ice cream from scratch can seem overwhelming. We’re excited to share this 4-ingredient strawberry ice cream recipe with you.
It’s easy, delicious, and only requires a few simple ingredients.
For All The Ice Cream Lovers
We love ice cream all year round. It’s perfect on a hot summer day, as a delicious afternoon snack, and a wonderful treat anytime.
This recipe is versatile, easy, and budget-friendly.
The ice cream base is perfect for any flavor. You can switch out the real strawberries for blueberries, candied pecans, Oreos, or anything in between.
Plus, it tastes just like traditional ice cream. Your sweet tooth will be craving it regularly.
Ingredients for Strawberry Ice Cream
With some basic ingredients and a bit of patience, you can whip up a batch of perfectly creamy and flavorful strawberry ice cream.
Here is what you will need:
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
You will find the full recipe at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
Who doesn’t love a creamy scoop of homemade ice cream? With just four simple ingredients, you can create a delicious strawberry ice cream to impress your friends and family.
Follow these steps to make your own homemade strawberry ice cream.
Instructions for Making Creamy Strawberry Ice Cream
Gather your ingredients for the ice cream.
Add the halved strawberries to a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary (It’s OK if a few chunks remain).
Add the strawberry puree to the bowl of a stand mixer along with the heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract.
Beat using the wire whisk attachment until soft peaks begin to form. Fold 3/4 cup of the chopped strawberries into the mixture.
Pour the ice cream mixture into a glass container or loaf pan. Smooth the surface, then sprinkle the remaining chopped strawberries over the top.
For best results, freeze the ice cream for at least four hours. Remove from the freezer about five minutes before serving for easier scooping. Serve in bowls or ice cream cones.
That’s it! Your homemade strawberry ice cream recipe is ready to enjoy. Serve it in a cone or a bowl and savor the delicious creamy texture and fresh strawberry flavor.
You don’t need special equipment or have to churn the fresh strawberry ice cream in an ice cream maker. This is a simple and incredibly delicious way to make this dessert.
Tips for the Best 4-Ingredient Strawberry Ice Cream
Making homemade strawberry ice cream without an ice cream machine is possible and can be just as delicious! Here are some tips to help you achieve a creamy and delightful strawberry ice cream.
- Fresh Strawberries: Use ripe and fresh strawberries for the best flavor. Wash, hull, and chop them before using.
- Pre-freeze Ingredients: Before starting, ensure all your ingredients, especially the mixing bowl, are very cold. This helps in the whipping process.
- Mash or Puree: Depending on your preference, you can either mash the strawberries for a chunkier texture or puree them for a smoother consistency.
- Sweeten to Taste: Adjust the sweetness based on the ripeness of your strawberries. Remember, flavors are muted when frozen, so it’s okay if your mixture is slightly sweeter than desired.
- Use Full-Fat Ingredients: For a creamier texture, use full-fat ingredients like heavy cream and condensed milk. Low-fat ingredients will not work for this recipe.
- Whip the Cream: Whip the mixture until stiff peaks form. This incorporates air into the mixture, which helps in achieving a creamy texture.
- Fold Gently: When combining the strawberries with the whipped cream, fold gently to maintain the airiness.
- Freezing: Pour the mixture into a shallow dish to speed up the freezing process. Cover with plastic wrap to prevent ice crystals from forming.
- Serving: Before scooping, let the ice cream sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly. This makes it easier to scoop and enhances the flavor.
- Customize: Feel free to add mix-ins like chocolate chips, crushed cookies, or swirls of strawberry jam for added texture and flavor.
Optional Ingredients To Add Variety
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate syrup
- Candied pecans
- Peanut butter
- Fresh berries
- Vanilla bean
You don’t have to wait for those long summer days to eat ice cream. It’s the perfect choice for any occasion.
4-Ingredient Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
This 4-ingredient strawberry ice cream captures the essence of summer with its refreshing and authentic strawberry flavor. Its effortless preparation and creamy texture make it a must-try for all dessert lovers.
You don’t even have to wait for warm days to make this easy recipe.
4-Ingredient Strawberry Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 15 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups hulled and halved strawberries
- 1 cup chopped strawberries divided
- Add the halved strawberries to a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary (It’s ok if a few chunks remain).
- Add the pureed strawberries to the bowl of a stand mixer along with the heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla extract. Beat using the wire whisk attachment until soft peaks begin to form.
- Add 3/4 cup of the chopped strawberries and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the ice cream mixture into a glass container or loaf tin. Smooth the surface, then sprinkle the remaining chopped strawberries on top.
- Freeze the ice cream for a minimum of four to five hours.
- Remove from the freezer for around five minutes before serving for easier scooping.
- Serve in bowls or ice cream cones.
I’m Julie, and for over two decades, I’ve been the chief chef, recipe developer, and taste-tester in my own home – a bustling kitchen where love and flavors mix seamlessly. My journey into the world of cooking began simply by feeding my family. Now, I share easy recipes with readers to make their lives easier and more enjoyable.