Everyone loves Copycat Starbucks’ egg bites so much that they will line up to get it. You can make these ahead of time to get you going faster in the mornings. Plus, they will save you money because you can make them at home.
This copycat Starbucks egg bites recipe tastes just like the real thing. It’s the healthy breakfast you need to start your day. With a copycat recipe for your favorite to-go breakfast, you can make egg bites any time, any day, and in any way, customized with the flavors you love!
What We Love About the Egg Bites
- You can make the fresh, delicious egg bites at home and spend much less money than you would in the store.
- Mix and match ingredients for different types of egg bites.
- Make the bites in an air fryer or the oven.
Ingredients for Homemade Egg Bites
This great recipe for homemade egg bites is one of the easiest ever. You don’t need any special equipment, just things you have around the house. To make these egg muffins, you will need a muffin tin and the following main ingredients:
- Slices of bacon, crumbled
- Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Cottage cheese
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
Get the full printable recipe with instructions and measurements at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
How to Make the Best Egg Bite Recipe in the Oven
After gathering your simple ingredients, it’s time to start making these copycat Starbucks egg bites.
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and while it warms up, you’ll want to prep your muffin pan by thoroughly coating the inside of a 12-cup muffin tin with some nonstick cooking spray. Or alternatively, use silicone molds or muffin cups to help your egg bites hold their shape.
Next, grab a large mixing bowl and put in your eggs, cottage cheese, and the seasonings – salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Use your whisk to combine these ingredients thoroughly.
Now add the shredded Monterey jack cheese and crumbled bacon to the mixture and combine. Finally, you’ll pour the egg mixture into each muffin cup, keeping them even. They should each be just over half full.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until you see the edges are lightly brown. Take the egg bites from the oven and let them sit to cool for about 5 minutes. You will then gently use a spoon to remove the eggs from the muffin pan.
- For the best results, make sure you serve these copycat egg bites warm.
- If you have any leftover egg bites, they store well in an airtight container so you can make a bunch and put them in your refrigerator or freezer. They are perfect for meal prep.
They are so good and easy to make; best of all, you can make them in a variety of ways.
How To Add Variety
- Try different cheeses like Gruyère cheese, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, or cheddar cheese.
- You can top them off with green onion or bell peppers – green pepper or red bell pepper is always good.
- Adding a dash of hot sauce just before you dig in also gives it a nice kick.
- Top with some chopped bacon or diced ham.
- For an even healthier breakfast, serve your egg bites with fresh fruit or some Greek yogurt.
This egg bite recipe is the quick breakfast you need for busy mornings. It’s healthy and delicious too, checking off all those essential boxes. Scroll down to the recipe card to get the full details on how to make this legendary copycat Starbucks egg bites recipe! Make sure you save the recipe, and it will save you from morning hunger pangs.
Copycat Starbucks Egg Bites in the Oven
- 6 eggs
- 4 slices of bacon crumbled
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- ¾ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using non-stick cooking spray, thoroughly coat the inside of your 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, cottage cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder and whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Add Monterey jack cheese and crumbled bacon and mix well.
- Pour even amounts of the egg mixture into each muffin tin, filling each one over half full.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until the edges of the eggs turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least five minutes. Gently remove eggs from the muffin tin using a spoon.
- Best served warm.
- It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or frozen.
- Be sure to spray the muffin tin well to avoid sticking.
- Add other meats and veggies for a variety of egg bites.
I’m Julie, and for over two decades, I’ve been the chief chef, recipe developer, and taste-tester in my own home – a bustling kitchen where love and flavors mix seamlessly. My journey into the world of cooking began simply by feeding my family. Now, I share easy recipes with readers to make their lives easier and more enjoyable.