Pasta with Parma Rosa and Italian sausage is a dish that brings the warmth of Italy right to your kitchen. Imagine you’re sitting in a quaint trattoria in Tuscany, the aroma of spicy Italian sausage and creamy tomato sauce wafting through the air. That’s the experience we’re recreating today, ideal for those busy weeknights when you want something delicious but easy with simple ingredients.
- Italian Sausage: The star of the show, offering that perfect blend of spice and savoriness. And we love spicy sausage in this recipe.
- Penne Pasta: Al dente penne holds the sauce beautifully. You can also use pre-cooked pasta for this recipe if you’re short on time.
- Parma Rosa Sauce Mix: The heart of our creamy pink pasta sauce.
- Milk & Butter: For creating that rich, creamy texture.
- Red Pepper Flakes: To add a little kick to this easy pasta dish.
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese: For that irresistible cheesy topping.
Remember, the full printable recipe with measurements and instructions is listed at the bottom of the post in the recipe card.
What We Love About This Recipe
- Its simplicity and convenience make it an ideal choice for delicious, easy-to-prepare meals on busy weeknights.
- The recipe’s versatility allows for easy customization with different ingredients, catering to various tastes and dietary preferences.
- It offers a comforting blend of creamy sauce, cheesy pasta, and savory Italian sausage, creating a luxuriously flavorful comfort food experience. It’s definitely one of our favorite pasta recipes.
- Pasta Prep: Cook your penne pasta to al dente perfection in a large pot of water according to the directions on the box, then set aside.
- Sizzle the Sausage: In a large skillet, brown the spicy Italian sausage, breaking it into smaller pieces.
- Sauce Time: Use the same skillet to whisk together the sauce mix, milk, and butter.
- Simmer and Stir: Bring to a boil over medium heat, then simmer to thicken.
- Combine and Serve: Mix in the sausage and pasta, top with fresh Parmesan, and serve hot!
Variations To Try With This Meal
- Add Veggies: Toss in some bell peppers, crushed tomatoes, or fresh spinach for a nutritious twist.
- Cheese Swap: Try cream cheese or heavy cream for an even creamier sauce.
- Spice It Up: A pinch of Italian seasoning or extra red pepper flakes for more heat.
- Sauce Consistency: Keep stirring to avoid burning the milk.
- Sausage Cooking: Ensure the sausage is browned well for maximum flavor.
- Cheese Topping: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese makes all the difference.
- Sausage: Switch to pork sausage or ground beef. You can even use chicken or ground turkey for a lighter option.
- Sauce Mix: No Parma Rosa mix? Blend marinara sauce with Alfredo sauce for a similar taste.
- Pasta Type: Bow-tie pasta or cheese ravioli can be fun alternatives.
- Refrigerate: Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Freeze: Freeze in portions for a quick future meal. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
- An easy green salad from Miss in the Kitchen
- Garlic Bread: Homemade garlic bread is a great way to complement this dish.
- Wine Pairing: A light white wine can elevate the flavors beautifully.
- Presentation: Serve in a large serving bowl garnished with fresh parsley.
- Dessert: Add some monkey bread for a sweet treat to end the evening.
Pasta with Parma Rosa and Italian sausage is a great recipe that brings a taste of Italy to your dinner table. It’s a perfect weeknight dinner, easy to prepare, and a hit with the whole family. So, why not make every pasta night a little more Tuscan? What’s your favorite pasta recipe to whip up on those busy nights? Let me know in the comments below. I check back often!
Pasta with Parma Rosa and Italian Sausage
- 1 large skillet
- 1 large saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 whisk
- 1 pound of Italian sausage
- 16 ounce box of penne pasta
- 2 packets Knorr Parma Rosa Sauce Mix 1.3 ounce packets
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese to taste
- Cook pasta al dente according to directions, drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the Italian sausage until it’s no longer pink, making sure to break it into small pieces.
- Place the sausage on a plate to the side.
- In the same skillet, add the sauce mix, milk, and butter and whisk together.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring constantly to ensure the milk doesn’t burn.
- Once at a boil, turn the heat to low and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Place the cooked sausage back into the skillet. Add the noodles and stir over medium heat until all ingredients are evenly combined and warmed through.
- Serve with fresh parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
I’m Julie, and for over two decades, I’ve been the chief chef, recipe developer, and taste-tester in my own home – a bustling kitchen where love and flavors mix seamlessly. My journey into the world of cooking began simply by feeding my family. Now, I share easy recipes with readers to make their lives easier and more enjoyable.